Review of actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS- Electric Standing Desk.
Table of Contents
- What is a height-adjustable desk/ergonomic desk?
- Reasons for writing this post.
- Pros for opting a "sit-standing desk".
- Cons for opting a "sit-standing desk".
- Does height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk come in different versions?
- Brands currently available in India.
- Actiforce- Brief introduction.
- Specifications of Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
- Factors I took into consideration whilst choosing Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
- Assembly of the Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
- Accessories to pair with the Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
- Tabletop I choose for my desk unit.
- My Analysis.
What is a height-adjustable desk/ergonomic desk?
A height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk colloquially referred to as “sit-standing desk" essentially implies any kind of desk that you can stand up at which is either fixed-height desk or height adjustable.
Post-2020 pandemic as more and more people have started working from home there has been upward traction in buying a height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk.
Reasons for writing this post.
I would share my experience/ buying methodology/ tips, etc into deciding actiforce Electric Desk – Steelforce Pro 370 SLS from Ergosphere as I was unable to find any reviews by people who have purchased height-adjustable desk in India.
Unable to decide if you should go ahead and purchased a height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk, maybe the below-listed pro/cons would, hopefully, assist you in making a decision.
Pros for opting a "sit-standing desk".
- If you have multiple people in your household either working/ studying from home, it makes sense to invest in a height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk, cause then every individual can fix the height of the table as per his/her height.
- As a Lawyer working from home, a height-adjustable desk allows me to stand and argue as we all use to in physical hearing.
- A height-adjustable desk as opposed to a typical desk has a smaller footprint, which ascetically makes the room look bigger.
- It can reduce back pain.
- It can improve your posture.
- Boosts productivity.
Cons for opting a "sit-standing desk".
- It’s expensive.
- After-sales and support- especially if it's an electrically height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk.
- There have been studies that show standing for prolonged periods can lead to joint and back pain, fatigue, varicose veins etc.
Does height-adjustable desk or ergonomic desk come in different versions?
It does, the most popular versions are:
I decided on an electrical desk version to replace my traditional desk as I required a desk version which would allow for a large tabletop at least 6 X 3 foot, wherein I can put my 34inch ultra-wide monitor, scanner, laptops, books, case files, stationary and of course the all-important hand sanitiser.
Brands currently available in India.
There are a lot of brands currently available in India as such Purpleark, Flowlyf, actiforce, TiMotion, Jiecang, etc.
Ergosphere offers actiforce, TiMotion, Jiecang and few other brands as well.
Here is I like to express my gratitude towards Mr Sanjay Singh and Mr. Mukul Verma from Ergosphere who were patient and answered to all my queries/concerns. They help me in evaluating my requirments and after lot of exchange of whatsapp messages and pictures. I zero down on model from actiforce. The process was so seamless, I even did not bother to visit their showroom.
Actiforce- Brief introduction.
Actiforce is a European brand that combines German engineering with Dutch & Danish design. It is one of the leading brands in the desk ergonomic industry.
As per Actiforce's website, it is a family-owned business. They have a state-of-the-art manufacturing division located in Penang, Malaysia. Since 2004 Actiforce has grown from a company selling one product line – based on our patented Vision Lift® system – into an all-round designer and producer of height-adjustable solutions.
Specifications of Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
- Dual step, sit-stand electrically height adjustable
- Spindle lifting system & low energy consumption
- Height adjustment 690-1160mm
- Width Adjustment 1100-1700mm
- Square leg 70 x 70mm
- Capacity 80kgs
- Powder-coated steel in Silver
- It comes with three surface colour options i.e Pure Silver, Traffic White and Jet Black. (I went with the black colour option)
- It comes with a 5 year of a comprehensive warranty.
Factors I took into consideration whilst choosing Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
I choose Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS for the following reasons:
- The unit's width is not fixed but adjustable meaning thereby, if in the near future I want to downgrade the length of my tabletop the same is possible because the width of the desk unit can also be changed unlike in TiMotion.
- The unit comes with Bosch motors.
- The unit has clean lines and a minimalistic feel that blends itself to the room’s surroundings.
Assembly of the Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS
The assembly of the desk unit was surprisingly fast, the technicians from Ergosphere assembled the unit within 30 minutes. The desk unit box comes with an instruction manual and tools for the assembly of the unit.
Accessories to pair with the Actiforce Steelforce Pro 370 SLS.
I bought the following accessories to pair with my desk unit:-
Actiforce Stationery drawer SL Grip
The depth of the drawer is around 2.5 cm. I have attached a picture for a reference.
You can see from the picture below how much of stationery items does the drawer holds.
Memory master fix
💡Tip: If you would be sharing the desk with other people/family members. I suggest opting for a memory master switch, so you can program memory positions to 4 different heights.
I do admit the abovementioned accessories were a tad expensive, but I decided to opt for the same for a perfect fit and longevity. However, they are less expensive alternatives of the drawer and cable tray available from Worksmart, which I believe would equally suffice the purpose.
I would also recommend buying a foot mat as a must-have accessories, which enables you to stand for a longer period without any stress or pain.
💡Tip: You can use a yoga mat instead of a floor mat if you do not wish to splurge further.
Tabletop I choose for my desk unit.
I went with a dark wood colour particle board (25mm thick) as the tabletop for my desk unit. Ergosphere offers rubberwood or particleboard in different sizes colours (Frosted White, Light Wood, Dark Colour, Wood Colour) for tabletop.
After 4 months of daily extensive usage, I have found the stability of the desk is excellent, especially when the desk is raised, there is hardly any wobble even when you are typing.
The dual motors can increase/decrease the height of the desk quickly, with a smooth and quiet action without any glitches, even when my desk is stacked with case files, books and a mug of filter coffee :-)
I have made a short video testing the stability of the desk in action.